Parks to People: Bringing Our Parks into Homes, Classes, and Communities
Learn about the natural resources, wildlife, and history of the Regional Parks. Take virtual reality tours of selected parks. Watch cool videos of storytelling and singing by park naturalists. Start learning now!
- Find out about summer and seasonal jobs, paid internships and careers at EBRPD.
- Explore career pathways on the Careers for Youth page.
- Volunteer Opportunities
Find a new, fun way to spend time with your children.
Encourages them to get involved and help protect a healthy environment.
- Participate in volunteer activities including park habitat restoration.
- Join the Leaders-in-Training (LIT) program and work with other teens supervising day campers (ages 5 to 12), leading interactive games, and learning about careers in the parks.
- Junior Lifeguards (to register online; no on-site registration available)
- Junior Lifeguards (for program information)
Explore * Swim * Fish * Hike * Ride a Bike * Go Boating * Camp
- Find an activity then invite friends or family to join you. Also check out Activities Calendar.
- Up for a challenge? Take our 2019 Trails Challenge - a FREE self-guided hiking and biking program. Hike five of the 20 selected trails – or complete 26.2 miles of trails by December 2019.
- Swim Lessons (to register)
- Swim Lessons (for program information)
- Recreation Programs
- Special Events
Everyone welcome! Bring the entire family to these special community events.
Learn how the Ohlone youth gathered tule reeds the traditional way, built tule-reed boats and launched their boat voyages.
Tule Boat Voyages, 7m : 53s
- Field Trip Programs
- Naturalist Programs at Our Visitor Centers
A great way to learn about the rich natural and cultural history of the East Bay Regional Parks.
- Naturalist Programs at Your School or Classroom
Our Mobile Education Programs are FREE for public schools and designed around state curriculum standards.
Annual Youth Job Fair
Ages 15 - 24
Like spending time outdoors, working with children or life-guarding on the beach? We have the perfect job for you! Come and learn about the wide variety of paid jobs available for the summer and in the near future. Resume and interview tips provided! Check back for details.
Previous Youth Events, Contests, and Activities
Financial Assistance / Becas
Free Week of Day Camp for Local Schools & Non-Profits
The Outdoor Recreation Department offers a 2-year partnership to qualifying Alameda and Contra Costa County schools and non-profits, where 50 elementary-school aged children can enjoy a free week of Day Camp in the Regional Parks. More information about these free opportunities.
Regional Park Foundation
The Regional Parks Foundation provides financial aid ("Camperships") to qualifying families of Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. NOTE: that eligible programs and co-pay amounts are tentative and subject to change without notice. Financial aid NOT available for online registrations.