Del Valle Cabins
The five cabins in the Del Valle campground are a “pilot” program. These cabins provide more shelter and allow people opportunities to camp year-round.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I reserve a cabin?
- When can I reserve a cabin?
- Where are the cabins located?
- How big are the cabins?
- Can I take a tour of the cabin?
- What are the amenities in the cabin?
- Can I cook inside in my cabin?
- Do the cabins come with pillows, linens, and/or sleeping bags?
- How much does it cost to reserve a cabin?
- What is the minimum number of consecutive nights I can stay in a cabin?
- What is the maximum number of consecutive nights I can stay in a cabin?
- How many cabins can I book for a specific date?
- How do I CHANGE or CANCEL my reservation?
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
- Can juveniles reserve cabins?
- What are quiet hours? What do I do if I have noisy neighbors?
- Are pets allowed inside the cabin, or in the campsite? If so, are there any additional fees?
- What is the capacity of each cabin site?
- How many vehicles are allowed at each site?
- What is the cancellation/rescheduling policy for rain/bad weather?
- Do I receive a discount for being a Regional Parks Foundation Member?
- Is smoking allowed inside the cabin?
- Are generators allowed in the family campground?
- Are there any firewood restrictions in the family campground?
- What is your policy for cabin sites that are accessible to individuals with disabilities?
- What happens if I miss my first night of camping?
PHONE: 1-888-EBPARKS or 1-888-327-2757 (press option 2) between 9am-4pm, Monday through Friday. For persons with hearing impairments, please use the Telecommunications Relay Service at 711. *For Canadian residents, please use 510-544-2707. There are no internet reservations.
Cabins are available for reservation, by phone only, up to 12 weeks in advance (to the day) of the first date you wish to camp. Should the 12-week mark of your first day of camping falls on a Saturday or Sunday, reservations can be made the following Monday at 9:00 am.
Note: Reservations must be made at least FIVE (5) business days prior to your arrival date.
Inside the campground at Del Valle Regional Park, Livermore, California
Each cabin is 283.5 square feet and the front porch is 81 square feet.
No, there are no tours available to view the inside of the cabins. Please view the pictures in the Photos section.
There is a single/single bunk bed and a single/double bunk bed with mattresses.
> Remote-controlled ceiling fan
> Electric wood stove (no wood needed)
> 4- USB outlet
> 1- electrical outlet (120 volts)
> Small counter-top
> Fire extinguisher
> 4 windows with blinds
> A/C and heat unit
> Smoke and carbon monoxide detector
> Outside: 1 picnic table, fire pit with grill
> Outside: water spigot between cabins 56 and 59
Surge protectors are NOT allowed.
There is partial tree shade over most cabins and picnic tables. All cabin sites have a parking pad adjacent to the cabin that can accommodate 1-2 vehicles. It is a short walk to water and bathrooms with shower facilities.
No, there is no cooking allowed inside the cabin. This includes using a hot plate, rice cooker, waffle iron, microwave, toaster, refrigerator, etc.… No candles or open flame of any kind is allowed in the cabin either. You cannot run an extension cord to and/or from the cabin.
Food lockers or coolers must be kept outside (sitting on the cabin deck is OK).
Surge protectors are NOT allowed.
No, you must bring those items.
The cost to reserve a cabin is $100 per night plus a $100 refundable security deposit. The deposit is refundable 2-3 weeks after the reservation has concluded as long as there was no damage done to the cabin and/or there were no violations of the rules of use.
* SERVICE FEE: $8.00 non-refundable fee is charged per reservation site booked, cancelled or changed.
* PARKING FEE: More Information...
A one-night stay is allowed Monday-Thursday year-round. See exceptions below.
There is a minimum two-night stay on weekends between April 1-October 31.
* Reservations beginning: Friday > reserve Friday and Saturday nights
* Reservations beginning: Saturday > reserve Saturday and Sunday nights
* Reservations beginning: Sunday > reserve Sunday and Monday nights
There is a minimum 3-night for Memorial and Labor Day weekends.
* Reservations beginning: Friday > reserve Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights
* Reservations beginning: Saturday > reserve Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights
* Reservations beginning: Sunday > reserve Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights
The maximum number of consecutive nights you can stay in a cabin is 10 nights. After 10 nights, you must vacate the cabin campsite for a minimum of 5 nights, and then can return to camp for another 10 consecutive nights. 20 nights total in a calendar year.
Only ONE cabin may be reserved per household at the same time (no overlapping reservations for a customer).
NO REFUNDS will be given for unfavorable weather conditions (heat, rain, wind, etc.…) during your stay.
No changes to the reservation will be made under 3 days.
- Received more than 14 days in advance will receive 90% of the site use fee + 100% of the security deposit
- Received between 13-3 days in advance will receive 50% of the site use fee + 100% of the security deposit
- Received less than 3 days in advance will receive NO REFUND of the site use fee + 100% of the security deposit
The $8 reservation service fee is non-refundable.
CHECK-IN: 3pm is the earliest customers can check in. NO EARLY CHECK-IN. The campground gate closes at 10pm. Any customers who arrive at 10pm or after will not be able to access the cabin/campground (no refunds for missing gate closure).
CHECK OUT: 11am check out is strictly enforced. NO LATE CHECK OUTS.
NO. Only individuals who are 18 years old may call to reserve a cabin. Juveniles (any unmarried person under the age of 18) must follow one of these two requirements to check into a cabin site:
a) Be accompanied by a parent or guardian, OR...
b) Be part of a group permitted to occupy park-lands at night and who is supervised by at least one responsible adult over the age of 21 for each ten juveniles.
Please see Ordinance 38 for more information.
Quiet hours are 10pm to 7am. CAMPGROUND DISTURBANCES: PLEASE CALL 911 ON THE PARK PAYPHONE OR (510) 881-1121 TO NOTIFY PARK POLICE OF AFTER-HOURS PROBLEMS that need police attention. Other campers will be glad you brought the problem to the attention of the Regional Parks Police.
Pets are NOT allowed inside the cabin, with the only exception of service animals*. Guide/service dogs are free. The dog fee for a campground stay is $2/day per dog. Dogs may not be left unattended outside the cabin. More information on general park rules for dogs.
*Service animals means any animal trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. Pets providing emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship are not recognized as service animals under ADA regulations.
A maximum of 5 people (this includes infants and children) are allowed in the cabin. You are allowed to have up to 3 more people at the site, who may tent camp outside. NO MORE THAN 8 people can be at the site.
You may have a maximum of two vehicles per reservation. The first vehicle is included with your reservation. A 2nd vehicle will be charged an Extra Vehicle Fee of $8 per night upon arrival at the park. Please have your reservation confirmation paperwork and cabin site number available at check-in. The vehicle(s) MUST FIT on the parking pad at your site, or must be parked in the overflow parking area within the family campground No more than one extra vehicle per site will be allowed in overflow parking, and overflow parking is NOT guaranteed. RVs/Motorhomes/trailers are not allowed at the cabin sites.
There are no refunds for unfavorable weather, such as heat, rain, wind etc.…Regular cancellation and rescheduling policies apply, see above.
No, there are NO discounts for cabin reservations.
No, there is no smoking allowed inside the cabin or on the cabin’s porch. No smoking is allowed anywhere in the park.
Generators are NOT allowed in any family campground or park per Ordinance 38 regardless of the reason for their use.
To limit the spread of Sudden Oak Death fungus, NO UNPROCESSED/NATURAL FIREWOOD is allowed into the campgrounds. You may bring wood which has been commercially purchased and certified to be uncontaminated, processed fire logs or cut lumber. The campground kiosk at Del Valle has firewood for purchase.
The following cabins are accessible to individuals with disabilities: 55 and 56. These cabins have an access ramp and are marked with a blue wheelchair icon on ReserveAmerica.com. To reserve Cabins 55 or 56, you must have a California DMV Disabled Person (or Disabled Veteran) Placard or License Plate (or those issued by a similar agency of another state) with an identification card matching the name on the placard. Placards and identification cards will be checked when you check into the campsite. If no one occupying the site meets this requirement, the reservation is invalid - you will not be allowed to use the site and no refunds will be given. The reservation must still be made by phone and within the booking window.
If you are going to miss the first night of your reservation but you do intend to camp at the park for the remainder of your reservation, please call the Del Valle Park staff at (510) 544-3139 and let them know when you expect to arrive. If you do not arrive at the park for your first night of camping and do not call by 10 a.m. on the morning of your second day to inform park staff that you are still coming, your reservation will be cancelled and no refunds of the site use fee will be given
Check availability at ReserveAmerica.com for Family, Group, and Equestrian (Horse) Campsites. Search by park name. Family Campsite reservations can also be made online at Reserve America.
For questions or to make a reservation by phone,
please call our Reservations Department
Phone: 1-888-EBPARKS (888-327-2757), option 2.
For persons with hearing impairments, please use the Telecommunications Relay Service at 711.
*For Canadian residents, please use 510-544-2707.
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm, Pacific Standard Time. Closed weekends and holidays.