East Bay Regional Park District is pleased to present the 2015 second edition of this third-grade curriculum about local tribal peoples past to present by District Cultural Services Coordinator Beverly R. Ortiz. The curriculum aligns with third grade History-Social Science Content Standards and addresses the following Common Core Standards: reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language. Its Supplemental Resources section includes a list of related fourth and fifth grade social science standards.
Largely based on primary documents, some never published, the student content includes photos and quotes of more than 50 Ohlone, Bay Miwok, and Delta Yokuts of all ages.
- Introduction to the Curriculum and Teacher Resources
- Student Resources – Ohlone Curriculum
- Student Resources – Bay Miwok Content
- Student Resources – Delta Yokuts Content
- Supplemental Resources for Teachers
- Native Peoples Map / Brochure - This brochure will take you on a journey through the historical past to present of the Native peoples of the places now known as Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
All downloads are available in the Adobe Acrobat PDF format