|The East Bay Regional Park District is proud to offer reduced fee transportation to our parks through our Parks Express Transportation Program. Read on to discover eligibility, fees, and instructions for how to apply.|
Schools (Alameda or Contra Costa counties schools ONLY)
At least 50% of the school’s students must be on the current Free and Reduced Lunch Program list, published on the California Department of Education’s website. You may visit their website, or ask us to check for you.
Non-profit Organizations and Government Agencies
501(c)(3) status non-profit organizations and area municipalities that serve groups of Alameda or Contra Costa children from low-income families, seniors, or people with disabilities are eligible to apply.
NOTE: Proof of 501(c)(3) status is required. If your Non-profit group host’s programs at, or for, a school, the school must meet the eligibility outlined above to qualify.
All vehicles are charged the same fee: $120 per vehicle.
Fees may include park entrance, parking, picnic site reservation, swimming, or fishing fees. If you wish to request fee reductions email an attached letter with a signed statement on organization letterhead to Jim O’Connor, Assistant General Manager of Operations at JOconnor@ebparks.org. Unofficial email requests are not accepted.
Minimum 25 passengers. On most buses, the maximum can be up to 52 passengers grade 4 and older. Grades pre-K through 3 may be able to sit three across the bench for a maximum of 67 children accompanied by 7 adults. The bus company will provide vehicles based on your stated passenger count.
May be available for senior or adult-only trips
Up to two wheelchairs, plus up to eight ambulatory passengers. (Limited Availability)
Is this OK with my School District or Organization?
Some districts and organizations have restrictions or even exclusive contracts regarding the services that you use. Please verify with your administrators that your school or organization is allowed to use our contracted transportation carriers. We are usually able to subsidize buses or lift vans from your school district’s bus fleet at our usual cost to you. Call Parks Express Transportation office to coordinate.
How to Apply
Apply early! Apply a minimum of six to eight weeks before your trip.
The Parks Express Transportation Program can be applied to any of the following programs. Complete and submit an online application to get started:
- Transportation Only Program coordination is not required for transportation. We welcome your self-guided park experiences, too!
- Naturalist Program If you would like to coordinate a Naturalist Environmental Education Program.
- Recreation Program* If you would like to coordinate a Recreation Program for boating, biking, or fishing.
- Community Group* If you would like to coordinate a Naturalist or Recreation Program for a community group.
* Be sure to indicate you are also requesting transportation at the start of the application.
You will receive a tentative reservation of your scheduled bus by email. To confirm your transportation, your payment is required by the due date.
Non-profits and Government Agencies: Email ParksTransportation@ebparks.org with an attached signed statement on organization letterhead (in PDF format only) stating how your organization qualifies for the program. If your group meets at a school, the school’s lunch program data will be used. Non-profits must also include proof of 501(c)(3) status and their non-profit tax ID number.
All transportation is subject to the availability of our contracting bus companies. Generally, availability is more likely early in the week.
Transportation Changes and Cancellations
If you need to change the date, hours, or destination of your trip, contact our Parks Express Transportation Office. The same policies apply to changes or cancellation requests due to weather.
- Change requests are not accepted within one week of your scheduled date. All change requests are subject to availability.
- Cancellations made at least one week prior to the trip may receive a refund.
Information / Contacts
- Parks Express Transportation Office: (510) 544-2205
- EBRPD General Information/Park Maps/Free Park Brochures: 1-888-EBPARKS
- Camping & Picnic Reservations: 1-888-EBPARKS