The dog permit is required for people who walk more than three dogs at a time in the Regional Parks and for commercial (professional) dog walkers.
Commercial dog walkers are required to obtain a permit, regardless of how many dogs they walk at one time (limit of six dogs).
- Private or Non-Profit Dog Walker (Individual): $25
- Private or Non-Profit Dog Walker (Household): $40
- Professional Dog Walker (Annual): $350
- Supplemental Permit (Annual): $200
- Duplicate Permit (Requires additional photograph of applicants): $15
To purchase a dog permit, call the Public Safety Department at (510) 690-6508.