Group Swim Requests
- Group swim requests are for organized groups such as day camps and school groups. Individual and/or families do not need to submit a group swim request.
- Group swim requests are being accepted for weekdays through August 20th.
- Group swim is available at Cull Canyon, Contra Loma, Del Valle, Diablo Foothills, Don Castro or Roberts Park.
- Requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Capacity limits apply. A request does not guarantee admission and payment is due on-site on the day of the swim.
- Check the Swimming page for more information.
- Please fill out the Group Swim Notification Request Form.
For more information about swimming lessons, junior lifeguards and other aquatic programs please visit the East Bay Lifeguards website.
Beach wheelchairs are available at Contra Loma in Antioch, Del Valle in Livermore, Don Castro in Castro Valley,
Quarry Lakes in Fremont, Shadow Cliffs in Pleasanton, Lake Temescal in Oakland and Robert W. Crown Memorial State Beach in Alameda and Tilden's Lake Anza in Berkeley. To arrange for use of a chair, call the park office prior to visiting. The outdoor pool at Roberts Regional Recreation Area in the Oakland hills and Castle Rock Recreation Area in Walnut Creek is heated and is disabled accessible.
If you are interested in Adaptive Swim Lessons, please call (510) 690-6625 for more information.
No lifeguard service is provided at bay beaches.
Swimming at your own risk is allowed in designated areas and when lifeguards are off-duty at some parks. These include Del Valle,
Shadow Cliffs , Lake Anza, Quarry Lakes, and Lake Temescal. Swim lessons for children are offered at Contra Loma and Roberts Pool. A Junior Lifeguard program is also offered at several lakes. For information, browse our Aquatic Programs at http://www.EBParks.org/Register or call 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757).
Swimmers must follow all Posted Regulations [PDF]
Alcohol, glass containers, fires, and dogs are prohibited at ALL swimming areas.
Special Safety Notices
Children 12 years old and under are not permitted in the swimming area unless accompanied by a responsible, actively supervising, individual 16 years old or older. Water Safety Information.
Swimmers at Contra Loma, Cull Canyon, Roberts Pool, Castle Rock pool, Don Castro,
Lake Temescal , Lake Anza, and Quarry Lakes who wish to enter chest deep water, are required to wear an identifying wrist band, issued by the lifeguards. This band indicates you have passed a swim test.
Swim diapers are required at chlorinated swim facilities: Contra Loma, Cull Canyon, Castle Rock, Don Castro, Roberts.
Before making your plans, please check the Water Quality page for your location.
Water baptisms are not permitted at any of the gated facilities (Contra Loma, Cull Canyon, Diablo Foothills, Don Castro, Roberts, Temescal, Tilden (Lake Anza), and Quarry Lakes).
At non-gated facilities (Del Valle and Shadow Cliffs) the following is required:
- Baptisms require a picnic reservation and an approved Group Swim Notification form (link to form).
- To make a picnic reservation, call 1-888-327-2757, option 2 at least 3 business days prior to your baptism. For Saturday or Sunday reservations, the last day to call is the prior Wednesday. Picnic sites are subject to availability. It is strongly recommended that you make a reservation as soon as possible.
- If the baptism is scheduled before 11am or after 6pm, lifeguards will NOT be on duty and it will be considered “swim at your own risk”. Your group must stay in within the designated swim area.
- If your group will have more than 30 people, a Special Event Permit (link to special event permit page) may be required.
- Baptisms are not permitted on holidays or weekends leading into a holiday.
- Shadow Cliffs swim area is closed this season due to low water levels.