Before visiting any swim facility, review:
Water Safety Tips
Parks Rules & Regulations - Swimming
Swimming Visitor Rules and Regulations (PDF)
Latest updates on: All Alerts & Closures | Water Quality | Blue-Green Algae
|Group Swim is closed for the 2023 season.|
Group Swim Requests
- Before making your plans, check the Swimming page for swim facilities schedule to determine if the facility is open or closed. Group swim notifications will only be approved during normal operating hours of each facility, and these vary by location. Group swim notifications are accepted for weekdays only when facilities are open.
- Group swim requests are for organized groups such as day camps and school groups. Individuals and/or families do not need to submit a group swim request.
- Group swim is available during select hours/days at Cull Canyon, Diablo Foothills, Don Castro, and Lake Anza. Check the schedule to ensure the facility is open for the dates you are interested in.
- Requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Capacity limits may apply. A request does not guarantee admission and payment is due on-site on the day of the swim. Additional parking fees may also apply.
- Fill out the Group Swim Notification Form.
Before making your plans, please check the Swimming page for swim facilities OPEN/CLOSED status and the Water Quality page.
Water baptisms are permitted, with advanced notice, at Del Valle Regional Park. Water baptisms are not permitted at any of the gated swim facilities.
- Baptisms require a picnic reservation and an approved Group Swim Notification form.
- To make a picnic reservation, call 1-888-327-2757, option 2 at least 3 business days prior to your baptism. For Saturday or Sunday reservations, the last day to call is the prior Wednesday. Picnic sites are subject to availability. It is strongly recommended that you make a reservation as soon as possible.
- If the baptism is scheduled before 11am or after 6pm, lifeguards will NOT be on duty and it will be considered “swim at your own risk”. Your group must stay within the designated swim area.
- If your group comprises more than 30 people, a Special Event Permit is required.
- Baptisms are not permitted on holidays or weekends leading into a holiday.