Key Advocacy Goal
To support the development of career pathways in the parks, recreation, outdoor and environmental fields.
- Support the development and retention of well-trained, dedicated and productive employees.
- Participate in partnerships with public agencies, nonprofit organizations, volunteers and the private sector to achieve mutual goals.
Survey Identified Voter/Community Support
- In a December 2020 survey, 69% of respondents identified employment opportunities and job training in conservation work for youth to be important.
- 89% of respondents supported providing safe, outdoor jobs for youth.
2021-2022 Board Supported Legislation
The following legislative initiatives are supported by the East Bay Regional Park District Board of Directors and Legislative Committee:
- AB 844 (Grayson D-Concord) – Green Empowerment Zone for the Northern Waterfront of Contra Costa County (Chaptered)
- SCR 52 (McGuire D-Healdsburg) California Parks and Recreation Professionals Month (Chaptered)
- H.R. 1678 (Barragan D-CA) Parks, Jobs and Equity Act • H.R. 4100 (Price D-NC) – Cultivating Opportunity and Recovery from the Pandemic (CORPS) through Service Act
- S. 1057 (Coons D-DE) and H.R. 2241 (Neguse D-CO) Civilian Climate Corps Act
- S. 1370 (Durbin D-IL) and H.R. 3220 (Rush D-IL) – Restore Employment in Natural and Environmental Work (RENEW) Conservation Corps Act
- S. 2258 (Hickenlooper D-CO) – Parks, Jobs and Equity Act
- S. 487 (Wyden D-OR) and H.R. 1162 (Neguse D-CO) 21st Century Conservation Corps Act