Wildcat Canyon Road at Shasta Road, Berkeley, CA 94708
Kennedy Grove Regional Recreation Area, El Sobrante
Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, Oakland
Temescal Beach House
Temescal Regional Recreation Area, Oakland
Facility Availability Search
View live information about availability for our indoor facilities on WebReg
Get a list of Approved Caterers
Get a list of Wedding Vendors
Documents & Forms
A list of documents, forms, Rules and Use Agreement for download
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us for information, reservation, questions, or send us a comment
The Brazilian Room derives its name from its rich hardwood paneling (Jacaranda, Imbuya, Brazilian Chestnut and Mahogany) that was once part of the 1939 Golden Gate International Exhibition’s Brazilian Pavilion on Treasure Island in the San Francisco Bay that showcased the commerce and culture of the country of Brazil. When the exposition ended, the Brazil Building was presented to the newly formed East Bay Regional Park District (established 1934) as a gift of friendship from the Brazilian government.
The exterior of the original building was perishable so the Works Progress Administration built a new, English-style permanent exterior in Tilden Regional Park, one of the three inaugural regional parks, combining local rock and timber with the beautiful hardwood wall paneling from Brazil. The building was dedicated May 19, 1941 and remodeled extensively in 1965. The Brazilian Room is currently a popular site for weddings, parties and business retreats.
- Room Size: 32' x 54'
- Patio Size: 40' x 42', with a 12' x 18' extension
- Seating Capacity: 150 without a dance floor, 120 with a dance floor
- Standing Capacity: 225 (total, indoor and outdoor)
- Seating Capacity on patio for ceremony: 180 (we provide 150 chairs)
- Tables: (14) 5' rounds, (24) 6' x 30" rectangles, (1) 4' round, (1) 3' round,
- Chairs: 150 white folding chairs with pad
- Equipment: Easel/some seminar equipment/Yamaha upright piano
- Green Market Umbrellas with stands (4)
- 12 burner stove/double ovens
- 100 cup coffee maker (let us know in advance if needed)
- Commercial refrigerator (no freezer)
- 2 kitchen carts
- Ice Machine available
- Recycling and Compost bins
- 2 ice tubs with dollies
- Barbecue grill (let us know in advance if needed)
Audio Visual System including 2 microphones
The Brazilian Room is open for viewing every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Hours: 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Three of our approved caterers are available from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
See the List of Approved Caterers and the Open House Caterer schedule.
Call the Facilities Office at 510-544-3164 to make an appointment to view the Brazilian Room on other days.
General Facility Information
For general information about the Brazilian Room call the Facility Office at:
Information can be mailed to the Facility Office at:
Berkeley, CA 94708.
The Brazilian Room is wheelchair accessible.
Check out the Virtual Tour of the Brazilian Room at the Here Comes The Guide website.
Download: Rental Fees Document (83 KB)
You may hire a caterer from the Approved list or choose the non-catered option. You can only use the non-catered option on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursday. You must use an Approved Caterer on the weekends. If you choose the non-catered option you may not use an outside caterer or have any hired staff. Your unpaid volunteers will be required to attend an orientation. You will pay an additional fee for the ability to use the non-catered option.
All reservations at the Brazilian Room will require a contract fee of $300 to reserve a specific date. Deposit is $600 for a 12 hour block. If this date is cancelled more than 180 days in advance, $100 shall be refundable and the remaining $200 forfeited. Contracts for events under 180 days require payment in full. Facility Reservations may be contacted at (888) 327-2757 Option 2, for Reservations.
Facility Reservations and Availability Information
All initial inquires, bookings and payments are handled through the East Bay Regional Park District, Attention: Facility Reservations at PO Box 5381, Oakland, CA 94605-0381. Call 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2.
To search for available dates, you can use the online Facility Search. Under “Facility Type”, click the “Indoor Facility” check box to filter the results.
To Confirm a Reservation
There are two steps to confirm your reservation.
- Step 1 (Reservations): To finalize this date, you are required to sign the Rules and Use Agreement within one week of your initial payment and return it to our office. Rules and Use Agreement may be downloaded here. The Reservations Department may be contacted at the number below:
- Facility Reservations Phone: (888) 327-2757, option 2
- Facility Reservations Fax: (510) 635-5502
- Facility Reservations Address: EBRPD, Attn. Facility Reservations, P.O. Box 5381, Oakland, CA 94605-0381
- Step 2 (Coordination with Facility staff): After you return our contract and forms, the Facility staff will contact you regarding any additional forms and informational sheets that you may need. If you are doing a Non-Catered event, you will need to schedule a meeting with the Facility staff located at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Regional Park within 14 days of booking your reservation. During the on-site visit, the Facility staff will provide you with helpful planning information and additional forms to be completed. Some of these forms may be downloaded at: www.ebparks.org/activities/corpfamily/br/docs.
Maps and driving directions are also found at the above link.
Please note: If your event is fewer than 120 days before the event date, this meeting with facility staff needs to take place within 3 days of your payment. If your event is less than 30 days away, then this meeting needs to be completed within 24 hours. Call (510) 544-3164 to set up an appointment.
Download: Brazillian Room Directions Map (8.5"x11")
- From Highway 80:
- Take University Avenue exit in Berkeley.
- Follow University up (east) to Oxford.
- Left on Oxford to Rose.
- Right on Rose to Spruce.
- Left on Spruce on the top of the hill, cross the intersection, and Spruce becomes Wildcat Canyon Road.
- Continue for two miles and the Brazilian Room will be on your left.
- From Highway 24:
- At east end of Caldecott Tunnel, exit Fish Ranch Road up to Grizzly Peak Boulevard.
- Turn right and continue to Golf Course Road.
- Right again and continue to stop sign.
- Right on Shasta Road.
- Shasta dead-ends into Brazilian Room parking lot.
Brazilian Room Freeway Map
Brazilian Room Landmark Map
If lot is full, avoid citation by parking at Island Picnic area on Wildcat Canyon or on Anza View Road. (Just in case....510-562-7275).