East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD) is a system of beautiful public parks and trails in Alameda and Contra Costa counties on the eastern side of San Francisco Bay.
East Bay Regional Park District manages:
- General Brochure
- 121,397 acres
- 73 regional parks, recreation areas, wilderness, shorelines, preserves and land bank areas.
- 31 regional inter-park trails
- 1,250 miles of trails within parklands
- 11 freshwater swimming areas, boating and/or stocked fishing lakes and lagoons and a disabled-accessible swimming pool
- 40 fishing docks; 3 bay fishing piers
- 235 family campsites; 42 youth camping areas
- 2 golf courses
- 2,082 family picnic tables
- 1,707 reservable group picnic tables
- 10 interpretive and education centers
- 18 children's play areas
- Wedding, meeting and banquet facilities
Our Values: How We Work
- Respect: We honor the land we steward, each other, and the park users we serve.
- Resilience: We creatively adapt to change. We address challenges with empathy, perspective, and determination.
- Relationships: Our greatest strength lies in the trust, accountability and teamwork we cultivate with our colleagues, partners, and the public we serve.
- Responsiveness: We communicate openly, honestly, and reliably.
- Transparency: We hold the public’s trust through meaningful stakeholder engagement and unfettered access to timely and reliable information on decisions and performance.
The East Bay Regional Park District will preserve a priceless heritage of natural and cultural resources open space, parks and trails for the future and will set aside park areas for enjoyment and healthful recreation for generations to come. An environmental ethic guides us in all that we do. Video: Inspiration and Promise
We will acquire, develop, manage, and maintain a high quality, diverse system of interconnected parklands which balances public usage and education programs with protection and preservation of our natural and cultural resources. The District's mission statements and vision for the future.
Park District Policies
Public Records Information
California Law Governing the District
Economic Benefit Analysis
Economic Value & Impact
- California Special Districts Association: Exceptional Public Outreach & Advocacy, Ted Radke and Carol Severin
- Eugene O’Neill Foundation: Partnership Award, East Bay Regional Park District
- California Parks and Recreation Society: Award of Excellence for Creating Community (Community Health & Wellness),Healthy Parks Healthy People Festival
- California Trails and Greenways Conference: Outstanding Trail Event, Ivan Dickson Multicultural Trail Maintenance Day
- California Association of Recreation and Park Districts: Jim Meredith Award of Distinction, Carol Severin
- Society of Outdoor Recreation Professionals: Distinguished Service Award, Carol Severin
- Macaroni Kid: Best Place for Outdoor Fun, Ardenwood Historic Farm
- Parents’ Press: Best local farms, The Little Farm at Tilden Regional Park and Ardenwood Historic Farm. Best nature day camps, Park’n It (Gold).
- East Bay Express:
Best Hike in the Sun, Stonewall-Panoramic Trail in the Claremont Canyon Regional Reserve
Best Recreational Area, Roberts Regional Recreation Area
Best Place to Camp with a Bunch of Friends, Anthony Chabot Regional Park
Best Place to Walk Your Dog: Point Isabel Regional Shoreline Park
Best Place to Picnic: Tilden Regional Park
- San Francisco Estuary Partnership: Outstanding Environmental Awards, Big Break Visitor Center, and the Tidewater Service Area Outreach Project. Press Release
- YMCA of the East Bay: Celebrating the Difference Volunteers Make to Our Partner Organizations, Students Tikal Ramirez and Zachary Su, EBRPD Recreation Department; and Board President Rand Swenson and Past President Jay Gilson, Regional Parks Foundation
- The American Society of Landscape Architects: 2013 Research, Planning, Analysis and Communication Merit Award – Breuner Marsh Restoration and Public Access Project
- American Trails International: Hulet Hornbeck Lifetime Achievement Award, General Manager Pat O’Brien (retired)
- California Parks and Recreation Society: Professional and Service Awards, Carol Severin
- California Association of Recreation and Park Districts: Award of Distinction for Outstanding New Facility, Big Break Visitor Center at the Delta
- California Association of Recreation and Park Districts: Award of Distinction for Outstanding Newspaper Coverage: Ethnic Media Outreach 2010-2012
- Northern California Chapter of the American Public Works Association: Project of the Year - Alamo Canal Trail Under-crossing
- Trails and Greenways Conference: Merit Award - Kids and Trails, Kids Healthy Outdoor Challenge
- Association for Gravestone Studies: Forbes Lifetime Achievement Award, to Supervising Naturalist Traci Parent (retired), for the book Rose Hill: A Comprehensive History of a Pioneer Cemetery
- Ramsar International Convention on Wetlands: San Francisco Bay/Estuary, Wetland Site of International Importance
- Audubon International: Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, Tilden Regional Park Golf Course
- California Association of Public Information Officers: Award of Merit in Graphic Design, 2012 Trails Challenge Graphics
- AVA Digital Awards: Gold Award, Video for the Web, Get Active!; Honorable Mention, Landing Page, Get Active!
- California Park Rangers Association: Lifesaving Award, Officer William Deleon-Granados
East Bay Regional Park District sells a number of products with unique park related graphics on them. Please feel free to browse the store and find lots of things you will like! You will be glad to know that 20% of the proceeds will be donated back to the East Bay Regional Park District through the Regional Parks Foundation.
All of the net proceeds will benefit low-income kids going to camp. > http://www.CafePress.com/ebrpd
District Calendar & Archives