Temporary Park Access (TPA) Permits
- Encroachment Permits are now called Temporary Park Access (TPA) Permits.
- All TPA permits, amendments and extensions will require a $100 application fee due at the time of submission.
- TPA Permits may be subject to review, inspection, coordination and/or temporary park use fees.
- TPA Permits may require a deposit prior to issuance.
- Electronic payment will be required for all TPA Permit fees and deposits.
Due to an increase in inquiries and permit applications, the processing time for Temporary Park Access permit requests is 30 days. More complicated requests may take up to 60 days to process. Please plan accordingly.
The review period for permit applications is two weeks. The review period begins when a complete application is submitted.
Applying for a Temporary Park Access Permit – Online Portal
- Sign up for an account or log in to your account in the Online Access Permit Portal
- Fill out the required fields
- Upload the required documents
- Pay the $100 application fee
Once you have completed the above four steps, you can track the progress of the permit application through your account in the online portal.
Extensions and Amendments
Extensions and Amendments: Log into the Online Access Permit Portal and select Amendment or Extension of TPA.
- Fully completed application form, with a full description of the project including all vehicles and equipment.
- Required insurance documents.
- Maps and/or KMZ files showing the location of the project and the access route you are requesting to use. Do not send latitude and longitude coordinates.
- For Temporary Park Access Permits that involve ground disturbance, tree and/or brush removal also include:
1. Nesting Bird Survey (February 1 to August 31)
2. Biological Constraints Report
3. Cultural Constraints Report
- TPA Permits may be subject to review, inspection, coordination and/or temporary park use fees. Some permits may require a deposit prior to issuance.
- See the full listing of fees: Fee Schedule 2023
- Credit Card
- All fees and deposits may be paid by credit card using the Online Access Permit Portal.
- Bank Transfer
- If credit card payment is not available, fees can be paid by bank transfer through our Secure E-Payment Portal. Include the permit number with the payment information.
- If credit card and bank transfer are not available, make checks payable to East Bay Regional Park District
- Mail to: Attn:
Accounts Receivable/Access Permits
2950 Peralta Oaks Court,
Oakland, CA 94605
Include the permit number on the check.