Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service Events
Join us for a "day on" to celebrate the Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Service Day! This year there are TWO ways you can participate:
(In-Person) Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service: Monday Jan 17th
This is a staggered start time event where you can help remove the trash and plastic pollution at three different locations at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Shoreline. Find locations, timeslots, and register from the link above. PRE-REGISTRATION is REQUIRED
(Self-guided) 2022 MLK Neighborhood Cleanup: Jan 17- Feb 17
Participate throughout the month by cleaning your neighborhoods, parks, and other local areas. Assemble your own gear and clean on your own time without any crowds. By picking up litter which would otherwise travel through storm drains and creeks to pollute beaches and parks, you are providing an invaluable service to the environment and to your communities.
Here is what you need to do to have a successful self-guided neighborhood cleanup event:
- REGISTER for the event HERE.
- Look through our Safety Guidelines and watch the safety video
- Assemble your own cleanup gear!
• Trash bags or buckets
• Face mask
• A trash grabber or tongs
• Sun protection
• Close-toed shoes
• Warm layers for potential cool bay area days
- Go out and pick-up trash! Remember, you are our most important resource: Safety first!
- Throw any debris collected into your home trash bin
- Dispose of your gloves and thoroughly wash your hands
- Take the simple survey and log your hours
- Post your pics on Social Media with the hashtags: #ebrpd and #MLKdayofservice
- Don’t forget to have fun!