**THIS ENTIRE PROCESS MUST BE COMPLETED 7 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT and YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PERMIT IN YOUR POSESSION AT THE PARK ON THE DAY OF YOUR EVENT. INCOMPLETE PERMITS WILL BE CANCELLED.
1. Reserve a picnic site that allows inflatable play equipment by calling the Reservations Department at (888) 327-2757, option 2. Let Reservations staff know that you would like an Inflatable Play Equipment Permit, and pay all applicable fees. Payment must be received in order to make your reservation. Inflatable Play Equipment/Bounce House permit cannot be added under 7 days from your reservation.
2. Steps A. – C. below, must be completed no later than 7 days prior to your event or the bounce house permit will be canceled:
A. Rent your inflatable play equipment from the Inflatable Play Equipment Approved Provider (link to “Approved Provider List”) List.
B. Provide the District with proof that you have rented your equipment from an Approved Provider and a picture of the equipment showing equipment dimensions (width, length, height). You may FAX this information to (510) 635-5502, or email to Reservations@ebparks.org. Please reference your contract number when sending information.
C. Return the entire Picnic with Inflatable Play Equipment Permit with your signature to the District. You may send it by mail to EBRPD Reservations, P.O. Box 5381, Oakland, CA 94605, or FAX to (510) 635-5502, or email to Reservations@ebparks.org.
3. Your permit must be signed by an authorized District representative to be valid. We will sign and return your permit once all steps have been verified. Please note that there is a $25 late fee if the permit process is not complete 15 days prior to the event, which is payable before your permit can be signed.
Fees/Payment: $75 for 1 piece of equipment; $25 for each additional piece where allowed; $25 late fee if the permit process is not complete fifteen (15) days prior to the event. At KENNEDY GROVE, generators are not allowed, and there is an additional electricity fee of $50. You may pay with a VISA or MasterCard by calling (888) 327-2757, option 2 during Reservations business hours. To pay in cash, check, cashier check, or money order, you must come in person to the Reservations office at 2950 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA 94605 during Reservations business hours. Checks are not accepted less than 21 days in advance.
Equipment: The District makes no endorsement or representations regarding the Approved Providers other than that they have provided evidence of insurance to the District. All rentals of equipment are at Permittee's own risk. If the equipment requires electricity for the functioning of any part of the equipment, a gasoline-operated generator will be necessary. The Permittee shall ensure that it is a quiet generator (65 dB or less) and is equipped with a spark arrestor. PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO ELECTRICITY AVAILABLE AT ANY DISTRICT PICNIC AREA EXCEPT AT KENNEDY GROVE (electricity surcharge of $50 applies) AND QUARRY LAKES (electricity included with picnic site reservation.) No generators are allowed at Kennedy Grove and Quarry Lakes.
The following are never allowed: Combative activities (e.g. wrestling, boxing, jousting), equipment that uses water (e.g. dunk tanks, water slides, slip-n-slides), equipment that is not self-contained (e.g. twister with no side walls), and equipment that attaches a player to another player via bungee cords. The District, in its discretion, may disallow inflatable play equipment not listed here.
Planning Your Event: We urge you to maintain a close liaison with the Park Supervisor to handle actual coordination of the event and to resolve any problems which may occur during the event. For administrative issues, please contact the Reservations Office at (888) 327-2757, option 2. THE PARK SUPERVISOR, AT HIS/HER DISCRETION, MAY REVOKE THE PERMIT AT ANY TIME FOR NON-COMPLIANCE, OR IF USE OF THE EQUIPMENT ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT IS DEEMED UNSAFE. The Park Supervisor may also approve or disapprove of any last minute changes or substitutions in equipment, and on location of equipment.
Other Rules & Regulations Related to Use of Inflatable Play Equipment in the Parks:
-Only an Approved Provider may install and uninstall all necessary equipment.
-Any generators must be placed at least ten (10) feet from any dry grass or other flammable materials.
-Play equipment must be free standing and weighted. Stakes are not allowed in the parks and equipment may not be tied or tethered to trees, tables or other park amenities.
-All guests must follow the rules and guidelines of the equipment owner and manufacturer for safety.
-Permittee must supervise the use of the play equipment to safeguard participants, spectators and passers by.
-Only invited guests may use the equipment.
-No signs or barriers shall be placed or used in the park without prior written authorization of the Park Supervisor. No signs or other items shall be nailed or tacked to trees or other vegetation or structures.
All authorized signs and barriers shall be removed at the conclusion of the term.
Please refer to your Inflatable Play Equipment Permit for additional conditions of the permit.
Download: Printable PDF version of the Inflatable Play Equipment Site List [PDF]
|PARK (CITY)||SITE||SITE CAPACITY||MAXIMUM EQUIPMENT SIZE|
|Oak Grove||50||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H OR Pony Ride (away from site only)|
aka CASTLE ROCK
|Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H
Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H
|Locust Grove||200||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H|
|Seawind||200||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H|
|Footbridge||150||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H
Carry-in only – No vehicle access
|School House Flats||150||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H|
|Fiesta Grande||500||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H OR
Level 2 - 20'W x 70'L x 20'H
If combined with Arroyo Mocho
|Arroyo Mocho||150||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H OR
Level 2 - 20'W x 70'L x 20'H
If combined with Fiesta Grande
|Frenchmen's Curve||350||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H
No Generators - $50 electricity fee
|Clancy's Place||200||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H
No Generators - $50 electricity fee
|Hitching Post||75||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H
No Generators - $50 electricity fee
|MARTIN LUTHER KING
|Rail||150||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H|
|Pelican||150||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H|
|Ensenada North||200||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H - No Generators|
|Ensenada South||200||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H - No Generators|
|Manzanita||300||Level 2 - 20'W x 70'L x 20'H|
|Lakeside||200||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H|
|Padre||150||Level 2 - 20'W x 70'L x 20'H|
|Lakeview||50||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'h|
|Mineral Springs||150||Level 2 - 20'W x 70'L x 20'H|
|Quarry||35||Level 1 - 20'W x 20'L x 20'H|
|Laurel||150||Level 2 - 20'W x 70'L x 20'H|
Level 1 - One (1) piece maximum of inflatable play equipment with maximum dimensions of 20'W x 20'L x 20'H
Level 2 - Two (2) piece maximum of inflatable play equipment, none of which can be more than 20'W x 70'L x 20'H
THE FOLLOWING ARE NEVER ALLOWED:
• Combative activities (i.e. wrestling, boxing, jousting)
• Equipment that uses water (i.e. dunk tanks, water slides, slip-n-slides)
• Equipment that is not self-contained (i.e. twister with no side walls)
• Equipment that attaches a player to another player via bungee cords
• No video game trucks
The District, at its discretion, may disallow certain inflatable play equipment not listed here.
FEES: $75 for 1 piece of equipment, $25 extra for each additional piece, $25 late fee for non-completion of permit process less than15-days prior to your event. Accessories such as popcorn, cotton candy, and/or sno-cone machines may be added on to your inflatable play permit for $25/piece of equipment if space allows.
Only one generator is allowed per bounce house. Rental items such as popcorn, cotton candy, and/or sno-cone machines may be allowed with a permit for $25/piece of equipment (see above) and must be powered using the bounce house generator.
Inflatable play equipment is only allowed at the parks and picnic sites listed. If not listed here, inflatable play equipment is not allowed.
List subject to change based on insurance renewal dates.
|PHONE NUMBER||EMAIL / WEB ADDRESS|
Astro Events of Contra Costa
- Insurance Expires: 12/12/2019
Astro Events of San Jose
- No vehicle access
Bay Area Jump
- Insurance expires 06/24/2020
- Insurance expires 6/2/2020
- No vehicle access
|Darryl Scotti Events, Inc.
- Insurance expires 03/27/2020
|Inflatable Adventures Inc.
- Insurance Expires: 3/1/2020
- All parks EXCEPT Quarry Lakes
- Insurance expires 7/15/2020
As an Approved Provider ("Vendor") of inflatable play equipment to users of East Bay Regional Park District ("Park District"), Vendor agrees to the following:
1. Vendor shall become familiar with the parks and park sites where inflatable play equipment is permitted, the level of equipment allowed in each site, the restrictions on types of play equipment, and shall inform customers of such restrictions.
2. Vendor shall adhere to the Park District's requirements for equipment level and type for each site.
3. Vendor shall inform customers that they need to reserve a Park District picnic site that allows inflatable play equipment use and that they must obtain an Inflatable Play Equipment Use Permit by calling 888-EBPARKS, option 2
4. Vendor shall provide generators that are quiet rated at 68dB or less, that are equipped with spark arrestors for sites without electricity and ensure that generators are placed at least ten (10) feet from any dry grass or other flammable materials. For rental sites at Quarry Lakes or Kennedy Grove electricity is available and no generators shall be used.
5. Vendor shall follow manufacturer's guidelines for safe setup, take down, and use of equipment and inform customers of manufacturer's safe use guidelines.
6. Vendor shall provide entire setup and take down of any rented equipment. Customers must not be requested or permitted to participate in the setup or take down of equipment.
7. Vendor shall provide only play equipment that is free standing and weighted. Stakes are not allowed in the parks and equipment may not be tied or tethered to trees, tables or other park amenities.
8. Vendor shall abide by all rules and regulations governing use of the East Bay Regional Parks.
9. Vendor shall treat customers, other park users and park staff courteously and respectfully.
10. Vendor shall arrange vehicle access to unload and pick up equipment in advance with the Park Supervisor. Vehicle access to the site is not guaranteed and vendor should be prepared to use handcarts or other means of hauling equipment to the site.
11. Vendor shall remove all equipment on the day of rental. No equipment shall be left in the park overnight.
12. Vendor shall be responsible for any and all damage caused by setup, take down, and use of its equipment.
13. District shall not be responsible for any damage to Vendor's property and equipment no matter the cause.
14. In consideration of Park District's permission to utilize Park District's property and facilities, Vendor agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, Park District, its officers, employees and agents from any and all liabilities, claims, expenses (including attorney's fees) demands, suits or costs of whatever nature for injuries to, or illness or death of any person(s) or for loss or damage to property (including Park District property) arising out or caused by the presence of, use, delivery, set-up, and removal of Vendor's equipment in Park District's parks and facilities.
15. Vendor shall provide Park District with evidence of General Liability Insurance coverage in an amount not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) combined single limit bodily injury and property damage for each occurrence, Automobile Liability Insurance for vehicles used in connection with this Agreement in an amount not less than ($1,000,000). The following two items are required and must be included in the Certificate of Insurance for the General Liability and Automobile Liability insurance policies:
a. List as Certificate Holder:
East Bay Regional Park District, Attn: Reservations Supervisor
P.O Box 5381
Oakland, CA 94605-0381
b. Additional Insured Endorsement which contains the following language:
"The East Bay Regional Park District, its officers, employees, and agents are named as an additional insured with respect to liability arising out of play equipment rental by park users, to be used in the parks. This insurance shall be primary to the Park District's insurance."
c. Quarry Lakes Insurance:
Events at Quarry Lakes Regional Park must also name "Alameda County Water District" as additional insured. Certificate holder address is: ACWD 43885 South Grimmer Boulevard, Fremont, California, 94538.
Email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org at the same time you send the Certificate of Insurance (COI) to the District.
16. Vendor further agrees that Approved Provider status is conditional upon adhering to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and may be revoked by the Park District at any time if any of these conditions are not met.
I have read the Approved Provider Agreement and understand that this Agreement is legally binding upon me upon approval by the Park District of my status as an Approved Provider. I represent that I am authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of my company and myself. I request that our company be given Approved Provider status for the rental of inflatable play equipment to customers of East Bay Regional Park District.
Representative's Signature & Title
Company Web Site Address (URL):
Return this form to:
P.O. Box 5381
FAX to (510) 639-4757.
For questions, please call: (510) 544-2540.
For office use only:
Request received (date):
Certificate of Ins received (date):
Confirmation letter sent on (date):