Trail Manners for You and Your Dog
- Respect wildlife and their habitat - you are in their home.
- Respect the environment - don't let your dog dig or cause damage.
- Clean up after your dog. Leave all trails as clean or cleaner than when you arrived.
- Yield the right-of-way to other hikers. Many people are afraid of dogs. Communicate with others and always keep your dog under control.
- Yield the right-of-way to equestrians. Move off the trail far enough to allow horses to pass. Keep you dog close to you, quiet and under control.
- Always be courteous. Don't give other trail users any reason to complain. Set an example for others by being a conscientious owner with a well-behaved dog out enjoying the trails.