Frequently Asked Questions About Employment
- Can I just send a resume instead of applying online?
No. A separate and complete application must be submitted for all positions. While individuals are encouraged to attach a resume, it cannot be used as a substitution for any required part of the application.
- Can I fax or email my application to you?
No, the District does not accept faxed or emailed applications.
- When will I hear back after submitting an application?
Once you have submitted your application online, you will receive an on-screen confirmation, as well as an email. Notifications will be sent out as soon as the recruitment moves to the next step.
- If I'm applying for another job within the District, am I disqualified from applying for something else?
You may apply for as many jobs as you are interested in and feel you are qualified for.
- Do you hire people under 16 years of age?
The District does have a very limited number of seasonal positions for individuals under 16 years of age.
- Can I pick the park I will work in?
District staff assigns the park based on availability. Staff does attempt to make assignments based on candidate preference.
- Can I pick the hours I will work?
District staff assigns work schedules although there are some positions that do allow for a flex schedule.
- Do temporary and seasonal employees receive benefits?
No, only regular positions receive benefits.
- Do you have the CalPERS retirement plan?
Yes, for full-time regular and part-time regular positions. CalPERS does not cover seasonal and temporary employees.
- If hired, can I have my pay check directly deposited into my account?
Yes, while the District does not require direct deposit, it is encouraged
- How can I obtain an application?
In an effort to be kinder to our environment, the East Bay Regional Park District is no longer accepting paper applications. To apply to an open recruitment, from the Job Opportunities page, click on the title which interests you, then click "Apply".
- What do I do if I am interested in a position you are not recruiting for?
You may fill out a job interest card for any position not listed on our Job Opportunities page. To fill out a job interest card, please visit our Job Descriptions page and, after selecting the job title of your choice, click the green 'SUBSCRIBE' button on the top right corner.
- How long do temporary assignments last?
Temporary assignments vary from one to six months, with a limit of 900 hours during a fiscal year (July 1st through the last day of June).