Without the help of dedicated volunteers and members, the East Bay Regional Park District could not offer the public the variety of services and programs that it does. There are many opportunities for you, your family, or your school or civic group to get involved.
McLaughlin Eastshore State Park
• Saturday mornings, February 29, March 28, April 25
Emeryville, 9:00-noon, meet at Powell Street near the fire station
• Sunday mornings, March 1, March 29, April 26
Richmond, 9:00-noon, meet at Rydin Road Staging Area, Hoffman/Stege/Meeker, Point Isabel
Contact park staff one week prior to the work project day.
Call (510) 544-3108 or email email@example.com.
Saturday, April 18, 2020, 8:30am to Noon
Earth Day is a special day for East Bay Regional Park District. We are committed to preserve our park-lands for present and future generations to enjoy. We need you to help us in maintaining our commitment. Volunteer with us and help conserve, protect and restore our environment.
Join park staff for Earth Day to remove invasive plants and help restore native diversity to the area. Bring your own gloves and a refillable water bottle. Snacks, water and tools provided.
French Broom Removal/Restoration Project
Reinhardt Redwood Regional Park
• 9am-1pm, 1st Saturday of the month. March 7, meet at Wayside lot in Redwood Canyon off Redwood Rd.
• 9:30am-1:30pm, 2nd Sunday of the month. March 8, meet at the Wayside lot in Redwood Canyon off Redwood Rd.
Help remove invasive French Broom at various locations in the park. Tools, protective equipment and snacks will be provided. Rain cancels. No registration required. For groups of 10 people or more, please contact the park.
Info: (510) 544-3127, firstname.lastname@example.org
Invasive Species Removal/Habitat Restoration
• 9:30am - 3rd Sunday of the month: Huckleberry Botanic Regional Preserve
• 9:30am - 2nd Saturday of the month: Sibley Volcanic Regional Preserve
Monthly weeding sessions to help protect native plants against invasive species displacement. Tools provided. Water and snacks are provided but please bring your reusable water bottle.
Info: (510) 544-3112, email@example.com
Third Thursdays in the Garden
• 10am-noon & 1-3pm, 3rd Thursday of the month: Crab Cove Visitor Center and Aquarium
Volunteers are needed in our Demonstration Garden to help with maintenance weeding, pruning, mulching, and other projects. One-time or on-going help welcome. Attend one or both sessions. Meet at the bathhouse by Otis entrance. Wear long pants, closed-toe shoes, hat, and bring a water bottle. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Info: (510) 544-3187, firstname.lastname@example.org