The East Bay Regional Park District is a system of beautiful parklands and trails in Alameda and Contra Costa counties to the east of San Francisco. The system comprises 121,397 acres in 73 parks, including over 1,250 miles of trails. We acquire, manage, and preserve natural and cultural resources for all to enjoy now and into the future. Our parks are ideal for healthful recreation and environmental education. We invite you to enjoy hiking, biking, picnicking, horseback riding, camping, fishing, boating, golfing, and nature study in our parks. General Brochure.
Election Information - November 6, 2018 General Election
Annual Community Report
California Law Governing the District
Park District Policies
East Bay Regional Park District manages:
- 121,397 acres
- 73 regional parks, recreation areas, wilderness, shorelines, preserves and land bank areas. General Brochure
- 31 regional inter-park trails
- 1,250 miles of trails within parklands
- 11 freshwater swimming areas, boating and/or stocked fishing lakes and lagoons and a disabled-accessible swimming pool
- 40 fishing docks; 3 bay fishing piers
- 235 family campsites; 42 youth camping areas
- 2 golf courses
- 2,082 family picnic tables
- 1,707 reservable group picnic tables
- 10 interpretive and education centers
- 18 children's play areas
- Wedding, meeting and banquet facilities
Public Records Information
Values: How We Work
- Respect: We honor the land we steward, each other, and the park users we serve.
- Resilience: We creatively adapt to change. We address challenges with empathy, perspective, and determination.
- Relationships: Our greatest strength lies in the trust, accountability, and teamwork we cultivate with our colleagues, partners, and the public we serve.
- Responsiveness: We communicate openly, honestly, and reliably.
- Transparency: We hold the public’s trust through meaningful stakeholder engagement and unfettered access to timely and reliable information on decisions and performance.
East Bay Regional Park District sells a number of products with unique park related graphics on them. Please feel free to browse the store and find lots of things you will like! You will be glad to know that 20% of the proceeds will be donated back to the East Bay Regional Park District through the Regional Parks Foundation.
All of the net proceeds will benefit low-income kids going to camp. > http://www.CafePress.com/ebrpd