The East Bay Regional Park District is a system of beautiful parklands and trails in Alameda and Contra Costa counties to the east of San Francisco. The system comprises nearly 125,000 acres in 73 parks, including over 1,250 miles of trails and 55 miles of shoreline. We acquire, manage, and preserve natural and cultural resources for all to enjoy now and into the future. Our parks are ideal for healthful recreation and environmental education. We invite you to enjoy diverse activities - such as, hiking, biking, horseback riding, guided walks, picnicking, camping, fishing, boating, and nature study - in our parks. See our Mission and Vision.
General Brochure - Map of Regional Parks in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties; English, Spanish [PDF]
Annual Community Report
California Law Governing the District
Park District Policies
East Bay Regional Park District manages:
- 125,186 acres
- 73 regional parks, recreation areas, wilderness, shorelines, preserves and land bank areas.
- 31 regional inter-park trails
- 1,330 miles of trails within the District
- 235 family campsites; 42 youth camping areas
- 11 freshwater swimming areas, boating and/or stocked fishing lakes, 3 lagoons,
and a disabled-accessible swimming pool
- 40 fishing docks; 3 bay fishing piers
- 8 freshwater lakes
- 7 equestrian centers
- 2 golf courses
- 2 mobile education exhibits
- 2,082 family picnic tables
- 1,707 reservable group picnic tables
- 10 interpretive and education centers
- 18 children's play grounds
- 16 Wedding, meeting and banquet facilities
Public Records Information
Values: How We Work
- Respect: We honor the land we steward, each other, and the park visitors we serve.
- Resilience: We creatively adapt to change. We address challenges with empathy, perspective, and determination.
- Relationships: Our greatest strength lies in the trust, accountability, and teamwork we cultivate with our colleagues, partners, and the public we serve.
- Responsiveness: We communicate openly, honestly, and reliably.
- Transparency: We hold the public’s trust through meaningful stakeholder engagement and access to timely and reliable information on decisions and performance.