Tilden Regional Park, Berkeley
Kennedy Grove Regional Recreation Area, El Sobrante
Martin Luther King Jr. Regional Shoreline, Oakland
Get a list of Approved Caterers
Get a list of Wedding Vendors
Documents & Forms
A list of documents, forms, Rules and Use Agreement for download
Facility Availability Search
View live information about availability for our indoor facilities on WebReg
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us for information, reservation, questions, or send us a comment
Temescal Beach House
Broadway near Highways 24 and 13
Temescal Regional Recreation Area
Oakland, CA 94618
- Fireside room 29'x29' (815 sq. ft.) and adjoining room 38'x15' (590 sq. ft.), patio 92' x 28'
- Seating Capacity: 80
- Standing Capacity: 130 total, indoor and outdoor
- Tables: (20) 6 ft. banquet and (16) 5 ft. round
- Chairs: 80 fabric (stacking)
- Fireplace: Catered events only
- 2 - ice tubs with dollies
- Refrigerator with freezer
- Kitchen cart
- 100 cup coffee maker, 55 cup hot water pot (let us know in advance, if needed)
General Facility Information
For general information about Temescal Beach House call the Facility Office at 510-544-3164. Information can be mailed to Facility Office at the Brazilian Room, Tilden Park, Berkeley, CA 94708. This facility is wheelchair accessible.
Temescal Beach House can be viewed during Open House on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 3:00 pm until 7:00 pm.
For viewing on another day call the Facility Office at (510) 544-3164.
Lake Temescal Waterfall
Please note that the Lake Temescal Waterfall near the Temescal Beach House is not in operation at this time. We hope to have the waterfall operating sometime in the Spring of 2014.
Check out the Virtual Tour of the Temescal Beach House at the Here Comes The Guide website.
Download: Rental Fees Document (74 KB)
You may hire a caterer from the Approved list or choose the non-catered option. If you choose the non-catered option you may not use an outside caterer or have any hired staff. Your unpaid volunteers will be required to attend an orientation. You will pay an additional fee for the ability to use the non-catered option. WE CANNOT ALLOW ANY NON-CATERED EVENTS TO TAKE PLACE AFTER DARK. Events from April through October that end after 7 pm must be Catered. Events from November through March that end after 5 pm must be Catered.
Temescal Beach House will require a contract fee of $100 to reserve a specific date. If this date is cancelled more than 120 days in advance, $50 shall be refundable and the remaining $50 forfeited. No tentative holds without an initial payment will be processed. Contracts for events under 120 days require payment in full. Facility Reservations may be contacted at (888) 327-2757 Option 2.
Facility Reservations and Availability Information
All initial inquires, holds, bookings and payments are handled through the East Bay Regional Park District, Attention: Facility Reservations at PO Box 5381, Oakland, CA 94605-0381. Call 1-888-EBPARKS (1-888-327-2757), option 2.
You may also view live information about availability for our indoor facilities on EBParksOnline.org under Facility Information.
To Confirm a Reservation
There are two steps to confirm your reservation.
- Step 1 (Reservations): To finalize this date, you are required to sign the Rules and Use Agreement within one week of your initial payment and return it to our office. Rules and Use Agreement may be downloaded here. The Reservations Department may be contacted at the number below:
o Facility Reservations Phone:
(888) 327-2757, option 2
o Facility Reservations Fax: (510) 635-5502
o Facility Reservations Address:
EBRPD, Attn. Facility Reservations,
P.O. Box 5381, Oakland, CA 94605-0381
- Step 2 (Coordination with Facility staff): After you return our contract and forms, the Facility staff will contact you regarding any additional forms and informational sheets that you may need. If you are doing a Non-Catered event, you will need to schedule a meeting with the Facility staff located at the Brazilian Room in Tilden Regional Park within 14 days of booking your reservation. During the on-site visit, the Facility staff will provide you with helpful planning information and additional forms to be completed. Some of these forms may be downloaded at www.ebparks.org/activities/corpfamily/br/docs. Maps and driving directions are also found here.
Please note: If your event is fewer than 120 days before the event date, this meeting with facility staff needs to take place within 3 days of your payment. If your event is less than 30 days away, then this meeting needs to be completed within 24 hours. Call (510) 544-3164 to set up an appointment.
Temescal Beach House (Building) is located in the Temescal Regional Recreation Area near the intersection of Hwy 13 and Hwy 24 in Oakland between Broadway Terrace and Keith Avenue/Broadway.
- From eastbound Highway 24 in Oakland:
Exit at Broadway. At the light, make a wide left turn onto Broadway and immediately bear right. DO NOT go under the freeway. Follow Broadway approximately one mile to the Temescal parking area on the right.
- From westbound Highway 24 in Oakland:
If you are approaching from the Walnut Creek area, go through the Caldecott Tunnel in the RIGHT LANE of the right tunnel. As you exit the tunnel, take the Tunnel Road exit, then turn left onto the freeway overpass (Caldecott Lane), turn right onto Broadway. Proceed .7 mile to the Park entrance on the left.
- From northbound Highway 13 in Oakland:
Take Highway 13 to Highway 24 East (toward the Caldecott Tunnel). Stay in the right lane. Take Old Tunnel Road exit, keep right (now on Broadway). Go .7 mile to the Park Entrance on the left.
Temescal Regional Recreation Area Map
There is a charge of $5.00 per car April through October.