Find out fishing opportunities in the Park District
Wildland Management Policies
Download Wildland Management Policies in PDF format
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (Sacramento Office)
An agency for conserving and protecting the natural habitats of fish, wildlife, and plants in the state of California
Department of Fish and Game
Link to the state of California's Fish and Game resource website
On Saturday, January 4, 2014, East Bay regional Park District Fisheries Program held the annual Fish Habitat Workshop at Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area in Fremont.
See more details and photos on our Facebook page.
East Bay residents have a rich and varied fisheries resource in the District's eleven freshwater lakes, numerous ponds, streams, and miles of Bay and Delta shoreline. The District fisheries program protects, conserves, enhances, and restores native fish and amphibian species, and offers myriad recreational angling opportunities to the public. Angler use fees support fish planting programs and habitat enhancement projects that encourage the growth of the game fish population. As part of this effort, and in cooperation with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, the District manages a major fresh water lake fishery enhancement program that includes habitat improvements and regular stocking of game fish.
All document downloads are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
- Habitat Enhancement for Warm Water game-fish Species (460 KB, 2 pages)
- Del Valle Fish Habitat Enhancement--The Narrows (2.6 MB, 1 page)
- Del Valle Fish Habitat Enhancement--South End (2.6 MB, 1 page)
- Del Valle Fish Habitat Enhancement--Swallow Bay (2.6 MB, 1 page)
- Quarry Lakes 2010 Fish Habitat Enhancement (2.78 MB, 1 page)
- Quarry Lakes 2011 Fish Habitat Enhancement (146 KB, 1 page)
- Quarry Lakes 2012 Fish Habitat Enhancement (226 KB, 1 page)
- Quarry Lakes 2013 Fish Habitat Enhancement (150 KB, 1 page)
- Quarry Lakes 2014 Fish Habitat Enhancement (98 KB, 1 page)
Fish Communities in District Lakes
- Contra Loma 2013 Fisheries Report (251 KB, 4 pages)
- Del Valle 2013 Fisheries Report (274 KB, 4 pages)
- Lake Chabot 2013 Fisheries Report (108 KB, 3 pages)
- Lake Temescal 2013 Fisheries report (295 KB, 4 pages)
- Quarry Lakes 2013 Fisheries Report (392 KB, 5 pages)
- Shadow Cliffs 2013 Fisheries Report (188 KB, 1 page)
- Fisheries Habitat Inventory & Assessment For Lower Wildcat Creek (3.5 MB, 89 pages): The East Bay Regional Park District conducted a fisheries habitat assessment of the Lower Wildcat Creek Watershed during 2005 and 2006. This study was designed to identify and assess barriers to salmonid migration, identify existing spawning and rearing habitat, assess existing fisheries populations and suggest enhancement to existing habitat conditions.
- Fishing Activities in the District