- BEFORE visiting any East Bay Regional Park District swimming facilities, please take a few moments to download and review the official swimming Visitor Rules and Regulations.
- Learn CPR: cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Updated with new CPR Guidelines (for non professional rescuers) issued by the American Heart Association.
- Water Safety Tips
- If you’re unsure of your swimming abilities, wear a life-jacket. Each of our swim facilities has free loaner life-jackets available.
- Keep a close eye on your children. Drowning can occur quickly and silently, even in a foot of water.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol if you plan on swimming.
- Only swim in areas with a lifeguard on duty.
- Boats must have life-jackets for every person on board. Those under age 16 must wear life-jackets while on a boat. Click here for more information about the State of California boating safety laws.
- If you’re not a strong swimmer, take swim lessons! The Park District and most East Bay cities offer swim lessons throughout the summer. Find out more here.
- Water Safety Resources
- Drowning Prevention Information from the California Park & Recreation Society (CPRS)
- Fact Sheet on Drowning from the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Safety Tips for Preventing Drowning United States Lifesaving Association
- Water Safety Tips from the American Red Cross
- General Water Safety Tips - 65KB, 6 pp.
Swimmer's Itch Information - 150 KB, 1pg.
- Sun Safety