Family Campgrounds: Frequently Asked Questions
Family Campgrounds provide a place to enjoy traditional tent camping, RV camping, or camping at walk-in sites.
The East Bay Regional Park District has three parks that offer a variety of family campsites to choose from.
- How do I reserve a family campsite?
- When can I reserve a family campsite?
- Where are the family campgrounds located?
- Campsites Directory and Map
- How much does it cost to reserve a family campsite?
- What is the maximum number of consecutive nights I can stay in the family campground?
- How many sites can I book for a specific date?
- How do I CHANGE or CANCEL my reservation?
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
- What are the length limits for trailers?
- Can juveniles reserve campsites?
- What are quiet hours? What do I do if I have noisy neighbors?
- Are pets allowed? If so, are there any additional fees?
- How many tents are allowed at each site?
- How many vehicles are allowed at each site?
- Are tow vehicles charged?
- What is the cancellation/rescheduling policy for rain/bad weather?
- Is there a park entrance fee if I have a reserved campsite?
- Do I receive a discount for being a Regional Parks Foundation Member?
- Are generators allowed in the family campground?
- Are there any firewood restrictions in the family campground?
- What is your policy for disabled accessible campsites?
- What happens if I miss my first night of camping?
ONLINE: Reservations may be made online by visiting ReserveAmerica.com
PHONE: 1-888-EBPARKS or 1-888-327-2757 (press option 2) between 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday through Thursday, or between 8:30am and 4:00pm on Friday, For persons with hearing impairments, please use the Telecommunications Relay Service at 711.
Campsites are available for reservation, by phone and on the internet, beginning at 8:30am, 12 weeks in advance of the first date you wish to camp. Should the 12 week mark of your first day of camping falls on a Saturday or Sunday, reservations can be made the following Monday at 8:30 am.
Reservations must be made at least two days (48 hours) in advance. We do not make same-day reservations; however, you may go directly to the park for same -day camping. Sites that have not been reserved will be available first-come, first-served on a night-to-night basis.
|Park||Site Type||per Night*|
|Tent or RV Site (no hook-ups)||$25.00|
|RV Site with Water, Sewage, and 30 amp Electricity Hook-Ups||$35.00|
|Tent Only (hike-in)||$25.00|
|Tent or RV Site (no hook-ups)||$25.00|
|RV Site with Water, Sewage, and 50 amp Electricity Hook-Ups||$45.00|
*SERVICE FEE: $8.00 non-refundable fee is charged per reservation site booked, cancelled or changed.
The maximum number of consecutive nights you can stay in family campsite is 15 nights. After 15 nights, you must vacate the campsite for a minimum of 2 nights, and then can return to camp for another 15 consecutive nights. 30 days total per year per park.
One household may only book 2 campsites for a specific date. 8 people maximum are allowed at each site. If you have a group greater than 11 people, group camping is available and encouraged. Please visit our Group Camping page to get more information.
NO REFUNDS will be given for dropping nights leading into these holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. NO REFUNDS will be given for rain during your stay.
|If you are calling||To Increase or Move Dates||To Decrease or Cancel Dates|
|3 OR MORE DAYS before the start of your reservation||Pay an $8.00 non-refundable service fee per site, plus pay for any additional nights.||Pay an additional $8.00 cancellation fee per site, forfeit the $8.00 non-refundable fee you paid to reserve the site, and be refunded any remaining balance.|
The change/cancellation policy is 72 hours. Please read the example below of how the 72-hour rule applies:
FOR EXAMPLE: If you reserved one site for FRIDAY AND SATURDAY nights, and you have not made any changes to your reservation prior to this and you cancel:
- By 4:30pm on Tuesday or earlier: We will keep $16.00 total in service fees ($8.00 to make the original reservation and $8.00 to cancel the reservation) and refund the remainder of your Friday and Saturday site fees.
- By 4:30pm on Wednesday: We will keep $16.00 in service fees ($8.00 to make the original reservation and $8.00 to cancel the reservation) as well as the Friday site fee, and refund the remainder of your Saturday site fee.
- LESS THAN 3 DAYS - AFTER 4:30pm on Wednesday or later: NO REFUND
All camping reservations begin at 2pm and end at noon the following day.
The length limit at Anthony Chabot campground is 35 feet.
Length limit at Del Valle campground: there are 6 sites that can accommodate trailers 58-80 feet.
Juveniles (any unmarried person under the age of 18) must follow one of these three requirements in order to check into a campsite:
a) Be accompanied by a parent or guardian, or
b) Furnish park staff a written consent of and the full name, residence and telephone of parent or guardian. The consent letter must contain the dates and park name, or
c) Be part of a group permitted to occupy parklands at night and who is supervised by at least one responsible adult over the age of 21 for each ten juveniles.
Quiet hours are 10pm to 7am. CAMPGROUND DISTURBANCES: PLEASE CALL 911 ON THE PARK PAYPHONE OR (510) 881-1121 TO NOTIFY PARK POLICE OF AFTER-HOURS PROBLEMS that need police attention. Other campers will be glad you brought the problem to the attention of the Regional Parks Police.
There is an extra fee for dogs, which can be paid at the park. The dog fee is $2/day; guide/service dogs are free.
Pets must be kept on a leash (max. 6 ft.) while in campgrounds, picnic areas, and other developed areas of the park. In the campgrounds, pets must be confined within camping vehicle or tent during quiet hours; 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Pets must be under control at all times. Persons with noisy, vicious or uncontrolled animals will be required to leave the park and may be cited. Place dog droppings in garbage containers.
Due to the various sizes of tent sites in our family campgrounds, the quantity of tents that will fit on each site may vary. For example, if your tents are smaller, you may fit more tents than if your tents are much larger. A maximum of 8 people are allowed at each site. Tents are not permitted on the lawn area.
You may have a maximum of two vehicles at your site. The first vehicle is included with your reservation. Any additional vehicle will be charged an Extra Vehicle Fee of $8 per night upon arrival at the park. Please have your reservation number and site number available at check in. The two vehicles must fit on the parking pad at your site. Extra vehicles at DEL VALLE must be parked in the overflow parking area within the family campground. No more than one extra vehicle per site will be allowed in overflow parking, and overflow parking is NOT guaranteed. At ANTHONY CHABOT, only two vehicles are allowed to be at each site. No other vehicles are allowed.
There are no refunds for bad weather. Regular cancellation and rescheduling policies apply.
If you have a camping reservation, a day use fee is not charged per vehicle. When the first car checks into the reserved campsite they will receive a free parking pass. When the second car checks into the reserved campsite, they will pay an $8 fee to receive a parking pass.
A camping discount of $10 off per night November-March and $5 off per night April-October is applicable on one campsite only, and must be occupied by the member. An $8 camping reservation fee applies and you must request the membership discount when you first make the reservation. Discounts will be honored first-come, first-served at the campground or reservations made by phone through the East Bay Regional Park District Reservations Department at (888) 327-2757, option 2. Discounts will not be applied to online reservations. All cancellations made over 3 days before the reservation date(s) will incur an $8 transaction fee as well as additional charges. You must present a valid Membership Card and photo identification at check-in; otherwise, you must pay the full recreation use fee prior to using the facility. You may visit the Regional Parks Foundation Membership Benefits page for more information.
Generators are NOT allowed in any family campground or park per Ordinance 38 regardless of the reason for their use.
To limit the spread of Sudden Oak Death fungus, NO UNPROCESSED/NATURAL FIREWOOD is allowed into the campgrounds. You may bring wood which has been commercially purchased and certified to be uncontaminated, processed fire logs or cut lumber. Family campground kiosks at Anthony Chabot and Del Valle have firewood for purchase.
* The following campsites are disabled accessible: Anthony Chabot # 06, 61, 62, Del Valle # 52, 137. This sites are marked with a blue wheelchair icon on ReserveAmerica.com.
For advanced reservations at these sites, you must:
1. Meet accessible site requirement: You must have a California DMV Disabled Person (or Disabled Veteran) Placard or License Plate (or those issued by similar agency of another state) with an identification card matching the name on the placard. Placards and identification cards will be checked when you check into the campsite. If no one occupying the site meets this requirement, the reservation is invalid - you will not be allowed to use the site and no refunds will be given.
2. Make reservations by phone only (no internet reservations)
3. Reserve 48 hours in advance
We also accept drop-in reservations at these sites under the following conditions:
1. If the site is not reserved by 5PM, the site may be reserved on a first-come, first-served, one-night-at-a-time basis at the park.
2. You will be asked to completely vacate the site by the check-out time of noon the following day.
3. You do NOT need to meet the accessible site requirement to make drop-in reservations at the accessible campsites.
If you are going to miss the first night of camping but you do intend to camp at the park, please call the Del Valle Park staff at (510) 544-3143 or the Anthony Chabot Park staff at (510) 690-6676 and let them know when you expect to arrive. If you do not arrive at the park for your first night of camping and do not call by 10 a.m. on the morning of your second day to inform park staff that you are still coming, your camp site will be given away.