- The Briones Archers range is located in Briones Regional Park. It is accessible off the Crescent Ridge Trail from the park's Bear Creek Road entrance (see map). Website: BrionesArchery.org
- The Redwood Bowmen Association range is located at Roberts Regional Recreation Area in Oakland (see map), inside the Redwood Bowl entrance off Skyline Boulevard in Oakland. Call 510-530-0400 for information.
Chabot Gun Club CLOSED: September 5, 2016
On September 5, 2016, the Chabot Gun Club closed after more than 50 years of operations at Anthony Chabot Regional Park in Oakland. The Club’s lease extended until March 2017 but the Club’s managers opted to close early.
The East Bay Regional Park District’s Board of Directors voted unanimously in March 2016 not to renew the Club’s long-term lease, based on environmental damage and inability of the Gun Club to pay the high cost of meeting stricter state environmental standards. Due to the popularity of the Gun Club, the Park District Board granted the Club a full year to wind down operations.
In voting to close the Club, Board members praised the Club’s excellent safety record and thanked the operators for their service to generations of East Bay residents.
In the next few months, the Park District plans to build a fence around the site, demolish the buildings, install storm-water controls and work with state regulators on the clean-up process, which is expected to take several years.
Other outdoor gun ranges in the area include:
- Richmond Rod & Gun Club, Richmond
25 yd., 50 yd., 100 yd. outdoor ranges, trap & skeet, muzzle loading
- United Sportsmen, Inc., Concord
50 yd., 200 yd. outdoor ranges, trap & skeet, muzzle loading, silhouette, archery
- Livermore/Pleasanton Gun Club, Livermore
10 yd., 25 yd., 200 yd. outdoor ranges, trap & skeet
- Los Altos Rod and Gun Club, Los Gatos
7 yd., 15 yd., 25 yd., 50 yd., 100 yd. outdoor ranges, trap, muzzle loading