South Bay Soaring Society
A non-profit radio controlled glider club based in San Jose, CA
Golden State Model Railroad Museum
Features 10,000 square feet of O, HO and N scale model railroading
Redwood Valley Railway
1.25 mile miniature steam train rides through Tilden Regional Park
Golden Gate Live Steamers
Features train rides and model trains
Model Boats, Planes & Trains
The use of model boats and model airplanes in the East Bay Regional Park District is restricted to certain locations for reasons of public safety.
Contact Model Mariners Club at (510) 797-5422. Facility is located adjacent to Alameda Creek Trail in Fremont.
- Glider Hill in Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont (see park map).
- Del Valle Regional Park, south of Livermore, on Del Valle Road near entry to the park.
- Mission Peak Regional Preserve, Fremont. Contact South Bay Soaring Society at (408) 287-0375.
- Golden State Model Railroad Museum: Facility is located at Miller/Knox Regional Shoreline, 900 Dornan Drive, Point Richmond, CA 94801.
- Redwood Valley Railway: Miniature steam train located off Grizzly Peak Blvd. in Tilden Regional Park.
- Golden Gate Live Steamers: Train rides and model trains. Facility located off Grizzly Peak Blvd. in Tilden Regional Park.